Friday, September 12, 2008

Oops! Candidate McCain Belittled Mayoral, Governor Experience

John McCain's campaign calls itself the Straight Talk Express. But as more and more people have noticed, the talk is not so straight these days.

The Palin choice for vice president is a perfect example. When questions arose about the governor's lack of national and international experience, McCain and the Republicans touted her time as mayor and governor

Too bad, then, that McCain himself is on record running down exactly that kind of experience. Here's McCain's quote from last year as he was arguing for his own experience against the qualifications of the other Republicans: 
I am prepared. I am prepared. I need no on-the-job training. I wasn't a mayor for a short period of time. I wasn't a governor for a short period of time. 

No comments: