Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Rand Paul Fail: Kentucky Senator-Elect Can't Name One Program to Cut

Let the backsliding begin!

Having campaigned on anti-government cynicism and economic smoke and mirrors, Tea Party favorites are now backtracking as fast as they can. 

Take Rand Paul, the Kentucky senator-elect who had been advancing all sorts of major federal spending cuts. Challenged this week to name some programs he wants to cut, Rand (surprise!) couldn't name one, not one.

Oh, and he's backtracked on earmarks too. Turns out, Kentucky voters need their pork. 

Expect more of the same from the Tea Party types, who have played fast and loose with the facts for far too long.

The complete story here.

2 comments:

Mr Lonely said...

nice blog.. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

Tulsan said...

I'm not free at the moment, but I'll check my calendar for an opening to peruse your no doubt stunning blog.