Friday, November 7, 2008

More from the Pundit Hall of Shame

It's time once again to look at the recent record of the pundit class, a group distinguished by its wishful thinking and complete wrongheadedness on, well, just about everything regarding Tuesday's election. 

Some terrific "lowlights" from some of the Blowhards on the Right

Rush Limbaugh, Oct. 31, 2008: "I think [Obama has] been dead in the water since the primaries. He is going to need to be up 10 to 12 points to win by 3 or 4…." 

Hugh Hewitt, Oct. 3, 2008: "[T]he common sense of Americans will override curiosity about Barack Obama and infatuation with his celebrity, and trust John McCain to pilot the country over the next four years…" 

George Allen, former Virginia governor, Sept. 24, 2008: "I think Virginians are really fired up for this thick of McCain and Palin…[on] the key issues of Virginia: national security, energy security, lower taxes, and that';s why I think ultimately John McCain will win here in Virginia." 

Rush Limbaugh (again), Oct. 31, 2008: "Florida, Ohio, and Nevada look like pretty good McCain certainties here. Obama still has to run ads in California."

Ed Morrissey, blogger, Nov. 4, 2008: Morrissey predicted the national outcome on Washingtonpost.com: McCain 51 percent; Obama 49. Electoral College: McCain 273; Obama 262. 

Let's tally the results, shall we? Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about this golden oldie?

I quoted Rush here on this site, January 30, 2008:

---------------

Limbaugh against McCain:

"I will not retire, I will not concede. I will not drift away! I will not fade away, until every American agrees with me."

I think Rush just told us that he will be for McCain by next week, and he will have always been for McCain.

---------------

Savage Baptist said...

Oh, like you've never been wrong.

Still, I can't blame you for a little gloating. God knows I was hoping to do some gloating of my own...