Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Democrat Karen Keith Prevails in Tulsa County Commission Race

Tulsa County Republicans must be smarting this morning. Their County Commission candidate, Sally Bell, was thumped by Democratic candidate Karen Keith.

"Remember Bells," Tulsa Republicans argued, a reference to the Bell family's amusement park, which was ousted from the Tulsa County Fairgrounds in 2006.

Despite that call, more voters backed Keith, who racked up a 53-47 percentage lead over Bell.

Keith also raised far more money than Bell, another hit for Tulsa County Republicans. The Tulsa World reported that Keith raised more than $168,000 to Bell's paltry $40,347.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember Bells', it was run down, nasty and they couldn't pay their rent on time. Tulsa voters made the right call not voting in Bell. Our county looks run down enough already.

Anonymous said...

Bonjour I'd love to thank you for such a terrific quality forum!
I was sure this is a perfect way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Hilary Driscoll
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/kwanzaa-party-supplies.html]kwanzaa Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory