Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conservative Writers Dump on Palin

Sarah Palin exceeded expectations at last week's vice presidential debates, though that's not saying much. After her dismal interview on CBS, Palin could hardly go any lower in the expectations game.

But the debate didn't win over many of the conservative intelligentsia. These folks are looking for a smart and thoughtful conservative. As almost everyone knows by now, that's not Sarah Palin.

Here's a sample of some of the fallout on Palin:

David Brooks on CBS’s Face the Nation: “I don’t think she’s qualified to be President… I prefer someone who’s read a few more books.”

Peggy Noonan on NBC’s Meet the Press: “I think she showed that she is a women of great and natural competence about the show business of politics. … There are questions about other areas. … Would Lincoln say, ‘I represent the backwoods types?’”

Kathleen Parker on CNN’s Reliable Sources: “I do think we gave her a pass up front. And when I say ‘we,’ I’m just talking about people associated with the more conservative side.”