Friday, March 21, 2008

Paranoid, Right-wing Radio Rant of the Week

And the winner is…right-wing radio's Michael Savage, for this completely unhinged (and fact-free) comment on current political events.

Here, in his own words, is the Savage "analysis" of Sen. Barack Obama's presidential aspirations from his March 13 radio program:

And I'm warning you here -- I am sitting here and warning you that Barack Obama himself -- I don't know whether he's good, bad or indifferent -- I think he's just an ordinary apparatchik of the Democrat machine in Chicago, personally. I don't think he's particularly smart; I don't think he's particularly stupid. I think he was hand-picked by some very powerful forces both within and outside the United States of America to drag this country into a hell that it has not seen since the Civil War of the middle of the 19th century.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Fear-based statements to scare the uninformed in to passing on false information. Nice.

Anonymous said...

Savage is just another low-brow "infotainer."

Anonymous said...

Savage: "I don't think he's particularly smart; I don't think he's particularly stupid."

Obama was a magna cum laude graduate of Harvard Law School. He is particularly smart.

On the other hand, as Sherlock Holmes said in "The Valley of Fear": "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius."

There is no doubt at all where "Savage" (real name Michael Alan Weiner) falls.