Thursday, February 12, 2009

Now It's Republican Lindsey Graham Who Is Spinning the Stimulus

Top Republicans just hate the massive federal stimulus. They hate it.

That's why South Carolina's Lindsey Graham has been one of the most vocal opponents of the package. Speaking on CNN, Graham complained that the bill gave too much money to states.

I’m not for $75 billion slush fund for states that can be spent on anything they want to spend it on including budget problems because we’ve got our own budget problems and you’re rewarding states who have done very little to trim up their own budget.

So when Wolf Biltzer asked Graham whether South Carolina should take the federal money, Graham declared that it should not, consistent with his conservative principles.

What's that? He didn't? Graham changed his mind?

Here's Graham's exact quote:
I think that, yes, from my point of view, I — you don’t want to be crazy here. I mean, if there’s going to be money on the table that will help my state, but I’ve got a job to do up here, and that is to try to help people and not damn the next generation.
One more rock-ribbed, highly principled (Ha!) conservative lawmaker changes his tune.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Republicans are giving us quite a schooling on what their actual values are.

As one should have known all along, they really have none other than greed and power. They are quite willing to torch the country if they don't get what they want.

I call that traitorous.

Anonymous said...

I really happy for you blog
thanks for sharing


___________________
victor
For 3 Months Enjoy Free 28 Premium Movie Channels