Saturday, March 24, 2007

'Gonzalesgate' Update: Looks Like He Lied

New e-mails on the U.S. attorneys firing scandal appears to contradict Attorney General Alberto Gonzales' statement that he had no part in the firings. Press reports this morning reveal that Gonzales attended an hour-long meeting on the firings in November and personally approved the actions.

Oops! When it appears that the nation's chief law enforcement officer is lying, the Bush Administration has a big problem.

Things at the Justice Department are getting curiouser and curiouser. The Bush Administration's explanations keep shifting and more evidence of White House political interference is dribbling out.

All this hemming and hawing from the Bush Administration's so-called "principled" conservatives. It's enough to give "principles" a bad name.

2 comments:

Dana Gallagher said...

I apologize for bugging you, but I don't know of any other way to contact other than through a comment. Sorry but this comment has nothing to do with the current blog. After you at AltTulsa read this feel free to delete.

I have a few questions. My first is have you or will do a blog on Bells Amusement Park. I searched for a blog as best I could, but couldn't find one. Though of course I was trying to get three children to school at that time, so I might have missed something.

Second thing is that could you perhaps put in a search, so that lazy people like me could just type in something in the search. If that's possible.

Lastly and again I apologize for being a pain.

I subscribe to Oklahoma Family Law Blog they have a something called feedblitz that sends their blog posts to my email inbox.

I've subscribed to your blog, but it only appears in 'My Yahoo' and I almost never visit that... Again, it's my laziness speaking but I'd love to get your posts in my inbox.

Sorry for my unrelated intrusion, just some friendly suggestions.

Thanks for a great blog,
Melissa

Alternative Tulsa said...

Thanks for reading and for your suggestions. We'll see if we can't implement some of them to make it a bit easier to find us and specifics on the site.